Donjon/C&M Metals, Dover, NJ
C&M Metals Recycling, a Donjon Company, is hiring! We are currently looking for a full time Yard Foreman to assist in the oversight of our yard operations in Dover, New Jersey. This is a salaried position, Monday through Saturday. Must have experience in the scrap metal recycling industry.
Duties: Foreman is responsible for monitoring the receipt, processing and preparation of scrap metal in a given area of the yard, coordination of outbound shipments, as well as responsibility for managing special projects related to the yard. The Yard Foreman will be responsible for overseeing crew member activity and facilitating yard operations over the course of the day.
Donjon Recycling is a leader in the metals recycling industry. We are a privately held company with a heritage dating back to the 1940’s.
- Scrap yard Foreman must have management experience of at least 2 years, overseeing personnel and material handling activity
- Mechanically inclined: Experience in recognizing and directing the correction of mechanical issues
- Relevant and diverse experience set in the operation of material handling, heavy machinery or equipment
- Highly developed and disciplined safety focus and awareness of safety practice/compliance
- A working knowledge of equipment maintenance and proper equipment handling
- Familiarity with metals; experience in identifying various grades/types of metals
- Intermediate PC skills
- Actively communicates all relevant information to all yard staff
- Oversees and directs the processing of scrap metal appropriately
- Oversees the operation of all heavy equipment and machinery to ensure safety, productivity and efficiency
- Completes all required daily documentation
- Assists in performing regular maintenance and upkeep for machinery and equipment
- Directs and assists with picking activity and other duties as needed
- Consults with General Manager on original plans and ensures that all specifications for new or proposed changes in process, equipment or methods are reviewed.
- Employment history verification
- Alcohol or drug related conviction verification
- Criminal history verification
Interested parties please email resume to email@example.com
Donjon Recycling/C&M Metals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by federal law.